Now is the perfect time to start planning your sleep-cation!
What is that you ask? It’s a vacation that is focused solely on sleep and listening to your body’s needs and is really one of the most luxurious vacations you can take
One thing many people struggle with is determining how much sleep they actually need. The whole “7-8 hours per night” is not a one-size-fits-all. While that number may be true on average, some people need less, and many people need more. Determining how much sleep you actually NEED is the first step to living a healthier sleep life so here’s how to take a proper sleep vacation.
- The first thing you need to do is to pick a time of at least 5 to 7 days when you’re either on vacation or have a more relaxed schedule w/no daily time constraints
- You then need to pick a set time to go to bed each night and allow yourself to wake up without an alarm each morning
- The first few nights you’ll likely be sleeping off some sleep debt that has built up over the week, so may sleep longer than what your true needs are
- After a few nights, you’ll find that you’re waking up at about the same time each day, and the total time you remain asleep will reflect your actual sleep need
- You should be sure not to cloud the picture by using any stimulants or sleep medications during the vacation
- You should also take this as a time to set up your ideal sleep routine, refresh your bedroom, determine the best way for you to wind down and get the most out of your sleep in order to continue getting the sleep you need when the vacation is over
There are even some hotels that have jumped aboard the sleep vacation train, offering sleep vacation packages for those who book rooms with add-ons to help give you the sleep of your dreams
So start planning your vacation now!